Pliops, industry leading acceleration disruptor delivering up to 100X faster access to critical data, is looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to position its storage and database acceleration technology with the largest cloud service providers headquartered or operating out of the greater Seattle area. Target accounts include, but are not limited to AWS, Microsoft, Uber, ServiceNow.
The Senior Account Executive will manage the engagement with top customers and partners to ramp a new, essential semiconductor category for the data center. The AE will utilize key customer relationships from executive to engineering, infrastructure and supply chain teams to drive Pliops engagement through discovery to revenue. As a key leader, the successful candidate will align customer requirements and Pliops capabilities, value and supply chain for mutual success.
- Identify, close and scale opportunities for Pliops solutions across Cloud and Strategic Accounts in territory, together with any other partner or opportunities defined jointly with Sales and Executive Management.
- Position Pliops solutions and differentiate relative to competitive alternatives
- Develop and expand account relationships with key influencers and executives by uncovering business critical requirements and initiatives and delivering technology insights and solutions.
- Identify customer specific use cases, pain points, current solutions and success metrics.
- Successfully address customer requirements.
- Work with Sales Management and product management to develop and present proposals to customers and win identified business opportunities.
- Partner with Pliops technical resources to position, manage and convert ‘proof of concepts’
- Develop and implement growth sales strategies, including the creation of successful partnerships and account planning.
- Develop, manage and expand new business through all go-to-market channels, including but not limited to Direct, VAR/SI and OEM partners
- Maintain up-to-date account activities in CRM and provide weekly progress reports
- This is a ‘hunter role’ and will be judged and compensated based on pipeline development, conversion, and overall market penetration and revenue ramp.
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience at cloud service providers, enterprises and OEMs
- Proven record of developing new accounts and maximizing sales performance and scaling business.
- A strong understanding of data center infrastructure (storage, compute, networking, security, etc.) and associated business issues.
- Experience selling storage, systems, complete solutions as well as associated software.
- Thinks strategically about business, products and technical challenges with the ability to build and articulate compelling value propositions.
- Systematic with a can-do attitude and capability to take action and create sales momentum across multiple accounts in parallel.
- Demonstrates individual initiative, drive and determination.
- Works well as part of a cohesive team and actively contributes to a culture of collaboration.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate both the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. They must also demonstrate good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills and superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to engage well across the account hierarchy from technical influencers to C-level executives.
- Minimum BS with 10+ years of experience, but will consider all candidates based on field successes and experience with target hyperscale and enterprise accounts.
Pliops is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.