Founded in 2017, Pliops is a technology innovator focused on making data centers run faster and more efficiently. A fundamental building block for the data-centric era, the Pliops storage platform addresses the exponential growth of data storage – and the subsequent computational processing requirements this has created.
Pliops uses innovative, patented data structures and algorithms to eliminate data amplification and enable consistently high I/O performance, capacity, and endurance – reaching up to 100x faster data access with just a fraction of the computational load and power consumption.
Pliops was recently named as one of the 10 hottest semiconductor startups in 2020 by CRN and its storage processors are shipping to select customers. The company has raised $115M to date from leading global investors including State of Mind Ventures, Viola Ventures, Intel Capital, KDT, SoftBank Ventures Asia, NVIDIA, Expon Capital, Western Digital, Xilinx and Sweetwood Capital.
The Sales Director will manage the engagement with top customers and partners to ramp a new, essential semiconductor category for the data center. The Sales Director will utilize key customer relationships from executive to engineering, infrastructure and supply chain teams to drive Pliops engagement through discovery to revenue. As a key leader, the successful candidate will align customer requirements and Pliops capabilities, value and supply chain for mutual success.
Our new Director of Sales will manage the engagement with top customers and partners to ramp a new, essential semiconductor category for the data center. The Sales Director will utilize key customer relationships from executive to engineering, infrastructure and supply chain teams to drive Pliops engagement through discovery to revenue.
As a key contributor, the successful candidate will align customer requirements and Pliops capabilities, value and supply chain for mutual success. This is a ‘hunter role’ and will be judged and compensated based on pipeline development, conversion, and overall market penetration and revenue ramp. We seek a highly motivated and energetic individual to jump in and get things done.
In this role you will:
· Develop and perform strategic prospecting activities to generate pipeline and grow sales
· Effectively lead complex sales cycles from opportunity identification through evaluation, contracts, deployment, and adoption
· Effortlessly communicate the benefits of Pliops solutions and differentiate relative to competitive alternatives
· Perform sales forecasting in a monthly, quarterly, and annual planning rhythm for your accounts with high levels of predictability, quality, and accuracy
· Provide weekly progress reports and maintain up-to-date account activities in CRM
· Take action and create sales momentum across multiple accounts in parallel
· Expand account relationships with key influencers and executives by uncovering business-critical requirements and initiatives and delivering technology insights and solutions
· Identify customer-specific use cases, pain points, current solutions, and success metrics
· Successfully address customer requirements
· Partner and collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop individual solutions for prospective clients with a shared goal of generating new business and continued account growth
· Execute growth sales strategies, including the creation of successful partnerships and account planning
· Grow new business via go-to-market channels, including but not limited to Direct, VAR/SI, and OEM partners
· Think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and articulate compelling value propositions
· Proven track record of success and overachievement – history of quota busting
· Sales experience into cloud service providers, enterprises, and OEMs – specifically selling storage, systems, complete solutions as well as associated software
· High degree of analytical and technical aptitude to master data center infrastructure (storage, compute, networking, security, etc.) and associated technologies
· Ability to develop new accounts and maximizing sales performance and scaling business
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
· Strong presentation, leadership, and communications skills
· High comfort level working with all levels of an organization, including C-suite
· Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Salesforce CRM, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Willingness and the ability to travel extensively