Founded in 2017, Pliops is a technology innovator focused on making data centers run faster and more efficiently. A fundamental building block for the data-centric era, the Pliops storage platform addresses the exponential growth of data storage – and the subsequent computational processing requirements this has created.
Pliops uses innovative, patented data structures and algorithms to eliminate data amplification and enable consistently high I/O performance, capacity, and endurance – reaching up to 100x faster data access with just a fraction of the computational load and power consumption.
Pliops was recently named as one of the 10 hottest semiconductor startups in 2020 by CRN and its storage processors are shipping to select customers. The company has raised $115M to date from leading global investors including State of Mind Ventures, Viola Ventures, Intel Capital, KDT, SoftBank Ventures Asia, NVIDIA, Expon Capital, Western Digital, Xilinx and Sweetwood Capital.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical assistance to business development, sales personnel, and end-customers in the evaluation, design and development of Pliops-based server and/or data center solutions
- Partner with sales in determining possible application of Pliops products and solutions to meet customer requirements
- Assist with the solution development/architectural design to meet specific customer needs
- Analyze customer product solutions and evaluate product performance based on market requirements
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions and work with internal teams to provide competitive responses where needed
- Install and test solutions in-house, as required, to ensure a successful solution for the customer
- Form close relationships with Pliops’ customers and partners in collaboration with the Sales team
- Take part in demo meetings with prospects and will assist in crafting sales pitches and solutions for the sales team
- 5+ years of data center, cloud infrastructure based technical experience
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: server system architecture, databases, NAND storage, server Enterprise
- Must be well versed in server software ecosystem including Windows and Linux OS/Hypervisors, Compilers, Libraries, debug and profiling tools
- Ideally has had on-site access at large hyperscale customers in the past
- Good hands-on and working knowledge of server hardware ecosystem at the node, rack and datacenter level
- Solid knowledge with one or multiple relational databases, including MySQL, MariaDB, Cassandra, Redis, RocksDB, Aerospike is a big plus
- Hands on experience in the setup and configuration of server systems including software, networking and storage infrastructure
- Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (racking hardware)
Minimum BS with 10+ years of experience. The Degree should be technology related bachelor’s degree or other technical disciplines (e.g. Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
What else you will need to be successful in this role:
- Passionate, resilient and adaptable personality
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex problems involving multi-disciplined, cross-functional teams
- Highly organized and driven – easily manage multiple priorities
- Team player, collaborative and can easily developing and maintaining technical relationships
- Superior written and oral communication skills – engaging speaker
- High sense of urgency, you know when you can fix something or when to ask for help
Authorization to work in the United States is required; please note that at this time, Pliops is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
Pliops is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.