Unlock Your Full Potential
Pliops is revolutionizing the way the world manages data. Here’s your chance to work alongside other talented professionals at a world-class, well-funded startup with a culture that puts people first.
With offices in Israel and the United States, Pliops offers a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and fun environment where you can challenge yourself—and be rewarded for your efforts. Are you ready for a company that’s more than just a place to work? Browse our open positions today.
Performance Engineer (Remote)
About The Position
In this role, you will:
- Ensures Pliops’ products offer best performance on all relevant applications, workloads and systems.
- Enable, develop, customize and adapt applications so that they can run effectively on Pliops technology, while emphasizing Pliops’ value.
- Gather and analyze performance data, as well as recommend improvements in Pliops products and deliverables to increase performance for specific customer applications and also in general common workloads.
- Specific focus to enterprise database applications such as MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, PostGres, Ceph, Oracle, etc.
- Benchmark and tune Pliops software and hardware to maximize performance in highly parallel environments.
- Develop tools and infrastructure for automating benchmarking and data analysis processes.
- Interact with customers and enable Pliops products adoption, with emphasis on high performance and smooth assimilation.
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations, evaluate performance to demonstrate value, and deliver production-quality code.
- Software and Hardware performance analysis for all Pliops products.
- Investigate optimal system and application settings to ensure best performance of Pliops products.
- Work with the R&D, Product and CTO teams to make sure that the customer application needs are addressed by the Pliops platform capabilities.
- BSc (MSc a plus) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, minimum 8 years of relevant job experience.
- Expertise in high-performance, parallel and distributed systems. Expertise in storage systems / data platforms internals (databases, storage stack and protocols, filesystems) a plus.
- Expertise in software engineering best practices. Great understanding of OS concepts.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Strong coding skills in C and/or C++ and scripting languages.
- Proven track record in delivering production quality server side software.
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms (IaaS and PaaS) a plus.
- Experience with complex systems development and reverse engineering of large amounts of code a plus.
- Good knowledge in performance monitoring metrics and tools.
- Experience of working with business partners and open-source communities a plus.
- Leadership and communication skills.
Pliops multiplies the effectiveness of organizations’ infrastructure investments by exponentially increasing datacenter performance, reliability, capacity, and efficiency. Delivered on an easy-to-deploy, low-profile PCIe card, the breakthrough Pliops Extreme Data Processor (XDP) radically simplifies the way data is processed and flash is managed. Pliops overcomes storage inefficiencies to massively accelerate performance and dramatically reduce overall infrastructure costs for data-hungry, storage-intensive applications such as AI/ML, 5G, big data analytics, and IoT. Founded in 2017 and named as one of the 10 hottest semiconductor startups by CRN in 2020, Pliops has raised $115 million to date from leading investors. Learn more at www.pliops.com.
Authorization to work in the United States is required; please note that at this time, Pliops is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
Pliops is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.