Who we are?
We are a growing startup company that changing the Storage Processor world, founded in 2017, and led by executives from industry leaders.
Pliops’ Storage Processor (PSP) is a hardware-based storage accelerator that enables cloud and enterprise customers to offload and accelerate data-intensive workloads using just a fraction of the computational load and power.
Pliops storage processor dramatically increases the number of transactions per second and expands capacity for the most demanding applications.
About the position
In this role you will take part in design and development of core software for Pliops’ innovative storage systems involving software and proprietary hardware solutions.
- Design and development of core product features (mostly in C) in a complex software system in Linux environment.
- Deliver high quality tested code and debug arising issues.
- Benchmark and tune the software to maximize performance in a highly parallel environment.
- Think creatively, share ideas, and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Well known leading academic institute degree (BSc/BA in Computer Sciences or Software/Computer Engineering).
- Solid experience developing software /firmware systems in C or C++.
- Familiar with development methodologies.
- Great understanding of operating systems concepts and data structures.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Strong coding skills in C and/or C++.
Personality/ Soft skills
- interpersonal/communication skills and fun to work with.
- Highly motivated and independent, Positive, Creative, Open minded, Initiative.
- Passion for software development and a drive to innovate.
Advantage / desirable prior experience
- Experience with system programming with focus on data layout, storage efficiency, and performance.
- Experience working in multithreaded environment with OS or RTOS.
- Linux user or kernel space experience.
- Experience with storage systems, storage stack and protocols.
- Experience in systems involving proprietary hardware.
- Experience with open source software