Who we are?
We are a growing startup company that changing the Storage Processor world, founded in 2017, and led by executives from industry leaders.
Pliops’ Storage Processor (PSP) is a hardware-based storage accelerator that enables cloud and enterprise customers to offload and accelerate data-intensive workloads using just a fraction of the computational load and power.
Pliops storage processor dramatically increases the number of transactions per second and expands capacity for the most demanding applications.
About the position
In this role you will take part in design and development of core software for Pliops’ innovative storage systems involving software and proprietary hardware solutions.
- Design and development of core product features in a complex software system with focus on Linux kernel and OS infrastructure layers.
- Deliver high quality tested code and debug arising issues.
- Benchmark and tune the software to maximize performance in a highly parallel environment.
- Think creatively, share ideas, and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Well known leading academic institute degree (BSc/BA/MSc in Computer Sciences or Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Linux kernel development.
- Familiar with kernel development methodologies and kernel structure.
- Experience in developing kernel modules.
- Broad knowledge and understanding in Linux internals, kernel subsystems.
- Kernel crash and core analysis skills.
- Deep understanding of threading and locking mechanisms.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Strong coding skills in C.
- Strong systems background.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis for features and systems and experience in optimizing software.
- Multi-disciplinary skills.
Personality/ Soft skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and fun to work with.
- Highly motivated and independent, Positive, Creative, Open minded, Initiative.
- Passion for software development and a drive to innovate.
Advantage / desirable prior experience
- Experience with developing kernel drivers for proprietary hardware.
- Experience working with Linux kernel community.
- Experience contributing/upstreaming/maintaining kernel code a great advantage.
- Experience with storage subsystems, storage stack and protocols (NVMe, block devices), developing enterprise grade storage solutions.
- Experience with storage engines, databases, DBMS, NVMe, SSDs, FTL, Flash memory.
- Experience with open source software.
- Releasing code to open source communities.
- Hacking complex open-source projects.