Unlock Your Full Potential
Pliops is revolutionizing the way the world manages data. Here’s your chance to work alongside other talented professionals at a world-class, well-funded startup with a culture that puts people first.
With offices in Israel and the United States, Pliops offers a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and fun environment where you can challenge yourself—and be rewarded for your efforts. Are you ready for a company that’s more than just a place to work? Browse our open positions today.
Software Engineer (Linux User Space Specialist)
About The Position
Who we are?
We are a growing startup company that changing the Storage Processor world, founded in 2017, and led by executives from industry leaders.
Pliops’ Extreme Data Processor (XDP) is a hardware-based storage accelerator that enables cloud and enterprise customers to offload and accelerate data-intensive workloads using just a fraction of the computational load and power.
Pliops’ Extreme Data Processors dramatically increases the number of transactions per second and expands capacity for the most demanding applications.
To find out more about us, you can click on this link below:
About the position
In this role you will take part in design and development of core software for Pliops’ innovative storage systems involving software and proprietary hardware solutions.
- Design and development of core product features in a complex software system in Linux environment.
- Deliver high quality tested code and debug arising issues.
- Benchmark and tune the software to maximize performance in a highly parallel environment.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Think creatively, share ideas, and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Well known leading academic institute degree (BSc/BA/MSc in Computer Sciences or Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering).
- 6+ years of hands-on relevant experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing high performance, multi-threaded and multi-process C applications.
- Experience in developing complex software systems in Linux environment.
- Experience in development of both user-space and kernel mode applications- an advantage.
- Deep expertise in software engineering best practices. Great understanding of operating systems concepts and data structures.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis for features and systems and experience in optimizing software.
- Knowledge and understanding in Linux internals and computers structure.
- Deep understanding of threading and locking mechanisms.
- Strong coding skills in C and/or C++.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Strong systems background.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Multi-disciplinary skills.
Personality/ Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and fun to work with.
- Highly motivated and independent, Positive, Creative, Open minded, Initiative.
- Passion for software development and a drive to innovate.
Advantage / desirable prior experience:
- Experience with system programming with focus on data layout, storage efficiency, and performance.
- Experience in working in a multi-threaded and distributed environment.
- Experience with storage systems, storage stack and protocols, developing enterprise grade storage solutions.
- Experience with storage engines, databases, DBMS, NVMe, SSDs, FTL, Flash memory.
- Experience in delivering products to market.
- Experience with open source software.
- Releasing code to open source communities.
- Hacking complex open-source projects.