The Power of
The Pliops Extreme Data Processor (XDP) is the new benchmark for application acceleration, multiplying the effectiveness of your data center infrastructure investments.
Performance, Reliability, Capacity, Efficiency
Pliops Extreme Data Processor (XDP) exponentially increases these four key values in one device by radically improving how data is processed and SSD storage is managed. XDP seamlessly manages data flow from application to storage eliminating bottlenecks and latency that cost time and resources.
Boost critical application performance up to 10x by eliminating bottlenecks, latency, and server sprawl
Full performance SSD data protection with rebuilds up to 5x faster than traditional RAID with minimal impact on performance
In-line transparent compression and data reduction technology provides up to 6x space savings for data growth
One solution for every workload that is easy to deploy and scale, no software changes with up to 80% lower TCO
A Look Inside Pliops XDP
Pliops Extreme Data Processor (XDP) combines multiple key data and storage technologies into one device that together multiplies their benefit. Using breakthrough data structures and algorithms, XDP eliminates the inefficiencies of software-based solutions to deliver gains in performance, reliability, capacity, and efficiency. Pliops hardware acceleration frees the host CPU to focus on other high-priority tasks. Let's take a deeper look at some of XDP's capabilities.
In-line Transparent Compression
Adding more SSDs to today’s software-only architecture is too expensive making it increasingly costly to keep up with growth. XDP’s integrated high-speed compression greatly reduces data even after software-based compression while freeing the CPU from this burden.
- Hardware-accelerated in-line transparent compression frees the host CPU
- Advanced lossless data compression reduces drive space used by 50% or more over software-based compression
- Configurable volumes and compression expand user capacity up to 6x
- Advanced indexing algorithm maps variable-sized compressed objects eliminating wasted space when aligning to fixed drive sector sizes
Key-Value Storage Engine
Key-value (KV) storage engines are used in all database, analytics, and software-defined storage applications. CPU and system resources are over-utilized when running this complex software, resulting in applications not taking full advantage of SSD storage capabilities.
- Hardware-accelerated KV storage engine frees up host CPU
- Treats blocks as special type of key-value pair
- Key-value API bypasses legacy storage stack to unlock orders of magnitude performance acceleration
- Sorted data is compressed and packed for 100% sequential writes to SSD
- Industry-leading indexing overhead requires only two bytes per object, resulting in up to 32x lower DRAM footprint vs. other solutions
Drive Failure Protection
Cloud service providers and their customers have no tolerance for inconsistent performance or unplanned disruptions. In traditional setups, the price of reliability is performance or high cost. But not with Pliops. XDP features Full Performance Drive Fail Protection (DFP) which brings a new level of performance and reliability to SSD-based environments.
- Full performance RAID 5+ protection that is 2.5x faster
than RAID 0
- 5x faster drive rebuild time vs. hardware RAID 5/6 with <10% performance drop
- Virtual hot capacity (VHC) eliminates the need for a dedicated hot spare
- No loss in capacity from parity storage
- Increases node-level reliability and uptime
- Enables use of high capacity TLC & QLC SSDs and mitigates blast radius concerns
AES-256 encryption safeguards data against unauthorized access for data at rest. The encryption and decryption process is supported by Pliops XDP, so there is no performance degradation and data transfer does not slow down.
Overcome storage inefficiencies, massively accelerate application performance, and dramatically lower overall infrastructure costs for databases, analytics, machine learning, and more. The Pliops Extreme Data Processor (XDP) radically simplifies the way data is processed and SSD storage is managed. Delivered on an easy-to-deploy, low-profile PCIe card, Pliops XDP exponentially increasing performance, reliability, capacity, and efficiency to multiply the effectiveness of your infrastructure investments.
3.2M IOPS R
1.2M IOPS RW
6.4 GB/s SW
PCIe Gen 4
128TB of data on 64TB of protected SSDs
Multiple single-drive failures with ultra-fast rebuilds
KV Library API
All Linux variants
Talk to a Product Expert!
Speak with a data expert to learn how Pliops XDP can exponentially increase your business needs.
Scaling Data Center Storage to Meet Explosive New Demand
Multiply Your Data Center to the Power of X
Business Critical Protection for Cloud Service Provider