About The Position
Who we are?
We are a growing startup company that changing the Storage Processor world, founded in 2017, and led by executives from industry leaders.
Pliops’ Storage Processor (PSP) is a hardware-based storage accelerator that enables cloud and enterprise customers to offload and accelerate data-intensive workloads using just a fraction of the computational load and power.
Pliops storage processor dramatically increases the number of transactions per second and expands capacity for the most demanding applications.
Pliops was recently named as one of the 10 hottest semiconductor startups in 2020 by CRN and its storage processors are shipping to select customers. The company has raised $115M to date from leading global investors including State of Mind Ventures, Viola Ventures, Intel Capital, KDT, SoftBank Ventures Asia, NVIDIA, Expon Capital, Western Digital, Xilinx and Sweetwood Capital.
To find out more about us, you can click on this link below:
About the position:
In this role you will:
- Lead the team that ensures Pliops’ products offer best performance on all relevant applications, workloads and systems.
- Enable, develop, customize and adapt applications so that they can run effectively on Pliops technology, while emphasizing Pliops’ value.
- Gather and analyze performance data, as well as recommend improvements in Pliops products and deliverables to increase performance for specific customer applications and also in general common workloads. Specific focus to enterprise database applications such as postgress, mongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB, Redis, Casandra, Aerospike etc.
- Benchmark and tune Pliops software and hardware to maximize performance in highly parallel environments.
- Develop tools and infrastructure for automating benchmarking and data analysis processes.
- Interact with customers and enable Pliops products adoption, with emphasis on high performance and smooth assimilation.
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations, evaluate performance to demonstrate value, and deliver production-quality code.
- Software and Hardware performance analysis for all Pliops products.
- Build a team of exceptional software engineers chartered to deliver value to partners through integration with the Pliops technology.
- Work with the R&D, Product and CTO teams to make sure that the customer application needs are addressed by the Pliops platform capabilities.
- BSc (MSc a plus) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, 7+ years of relevant job experience. Management experience considered a plus.
- Deep expertise in high-performance, parallel and distributed systems. Expertise in storage systems / data platforms internals (databases, storage stack and protocols, filesystems) a plus.
- Deep expertise in software engineering best practices. Great understanding of OS concepts.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Strong coding skills in C and/or C++ and scripting languages.
- Proven track record in delivering production quality server side software.
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms (IaaS and PaaS) a plus.
- Experience with complex systems development and reverse engineering of large amounts of code a plus.
- Good knowledge in performance monitoring metrics and tools.
- Experience of working with business partners and open-source communities a plus.
- Leadership and communication skills.