Research Engineer, Software
About The Position
Who we are?
We are a growing startup company that changing the Storage Processor world, founded in 2017, and led by executives from industry leaders.
Pliops’ Storage Processor (PSP) is a hardware-based storage accelerator that enables cloud and enterprise customers to offload and accelerate data-intensive workloads using just a fraction of the computational load and power.
Pliops storage processor dramatically increases the number of transactions per second and expands capacity for the most demanding applications.
Pliops was recently named as one of the 10 hottest semiconductor startups in 2020 by CRN and its storage processors are shipping to select customers. The company has raised $115M to date from leading global investors including State of Mind Ventures, Viola Ventures, Intel Capital, KDT, SoftBank Ventures Asia, NVIDIA, Expon Capital, Western Digital, Xilinx and Sweetwood Capital.
To find out more about us, you can click on this link below:
Responsibilities of the role:
- Rapid prototyping. Design, implement and evaluate exploratory initiatives to shape the next generation of Pliops technology. Sharp focus on delivering high-quality proof-of-concept code that demonstrates the value of Pliops technology to production systems/technologies. Wicked fast prototyping: show 80% of value in 20% of time.
- Innovation to product. Work with research scientists, architects, product managers and the business team to translate early innovation into live, product-grade technology.
- Open source. Provide thought leadership and code for the Pliops state-of-the-art open source SDK. Build and lead the developer community. Be the best advocate for our partner developers.
- Infuse the technology. Work with customers, partners, and communities on integrating their products with Pliops technology. Be fearless to deal with complex system architecture and legacy code. Deliver bulletproof, elegant, and high-performance solutions.
- System skills. Passion for system architecture (HW/SW). Practical experience with distributed systems and modern data platforms internals (Storage, SQL and NoSQL databases, Analytics, ML/AI) a big plus. Practical experience with public cloud computing (AWS) a plus.
- Coding skills. C/C++/Java a must, Python a plus. Practical experience with complex systems design and development a big plus.
- Analytical skills. Passion for system performance analysis through rigorous benchmarking. Practical skills with database benchmarks a plus. Data science/ML background a plus.
- Soft skills. Excellent human interface and presentation skills. Self-starter and team player. High-level control of English. Experience working with business partners and open-source communities a big plus.