About The Position
Who we are?
We are a growing startup company that changing the Storage Processor world, founded in 2017, and led by executives from industry leaders.
Pliops’ Storage Processor (PSP) is a hardware-based storage accelerator that enables cloud and enterprise customers to offload and accelerate data-intensive workloads using just a fraction of the computational load and power.
Pliops storage processor dramatically increases the number of transactions per second and expands capacity for the most demanding applications.
Pliops was recently named as one of the 10 hottest semiconductor startups in 2020 by CRN and its storage processors are shipping to select customers. The company has raised $115M to date from leading global investors including State of Mind Ventures, Viola Ventures, Intel Capital, KDT, SoftBank Ventures Asia, NVIDIA, Expon Capital, Western Digital, Xilinx and Sweetwood Capital.
To find out more about us, you can click on this link below:
Responsibilities of the role:
- Thought leadership. Stay on top of science and technology trends in data management systems and identify opportunities for disruptive innovation. Steer high-risk/high-reward projects to shape the next generation of Pliops technology. Contribute to the company IP portfolio.
- Invent, build, analyze. Design cutting-edge algorithms for accelerated data access and translate them into system architecture. Build robust prototypes to demonstrate the viability of your ideas. Evaluate the end-to-end system performance impact through models and practical benchmarks.
- Innovation to product. Work with research engineers, architects, product managers and the business team to translate early innovation into live, product-grade technology.
- Evangelize. Contribute to the company’s external presence – customer engagements, developer relations, speaking opportunities, and technical/scientific publications.
- Research background. Track record in systems or database research a must. MSc/PhD in in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent a big plus.
- System skills. Passion for system architecture (HW/SW). Practical experience with distributed systems and modern data platforms internals (Storage, SQL and NoSQL databases, Analytics, ML/AI) a big plus. Practical experience with public cloud computing (AWS) a plus.
- Coding skills. Java/Python a must, C/C++ a plus. Experience with complex systems development a plus.
- Analytical skills. Passion for system performance analysis through theoretical models and benchmarking. Data science/ML background a plus.
- Soft skills. Excellent human interface and presentation skills. Self-starter and team player. High-level control of English. Experience working with business partners and open-source communities a plus.